On December 12, 2011, Jodi Stone at Life with Sampson and Delilah, the 411, awarded my blog with The Kreativ Blogger Award! I am a bit behind on accepting this award, but thanks Jodi for the nomination. I really appreciate it. I like how the colors of the badge go so well with my blog. 🙂
This award comes with a bit of direction, the first being share ten things about yourself or your blog that people might not know.
1. I can be really picky about some stuff. For instance, it bugs me that “Kreativ” is spelled wrong in this award! Yet, I still feel honored to receive it, and I will not change the spelling.
2. I am working on writing a book. It is in first draft format. I am all over the place in this book right now. As of today, my first draft has 7,789 words.
3. I have been keeping track of how many words there are in my book on the sidebar of my blog. I am trying to keep up with Jodi Stone. Jodi posts how many words she has written on her book at the end of each of her daily posts and she is farther along than I am. This keeps me motivated. Thanks, Jodi!
4. I admire people who blog everyday. I, however, do not think that I will ever be able to accomplish such a goal. I find that most times when I write a post, I have to go away from it for a while, think about it, make more edits, if needed, and then publish it.
5. However, there have been a few times when I have written and posted a blog in one day, and I feel like I am taking a huge step when I do such a thing. Recently, I did a one-day write and post called “It’s Nice to Get Noticed.”
6. When I was 13, I secretly decided that I wanted to be a writer. I only shared my secret with a few people. I kept my dream tucked away for many years. Part of me thought that being a writer was so beyond me because I admire writers so much.
7. I think I am at the stage in life where I am getting brave enough to write.
8. Starting up this blog came at the right time. Our two daughters are in college right now, and I miss them very much. Soon our son will be going off to college too. My blog is just what I needed to get me through this stage.
9. I read everyday while I am commuting to and from work. If a book keeps me awake, I know it’s a winner! Don’t worry, I take public transportation. I mostly read fiction, memoir and books on writing. I have read and enjoyed “On Writing,” by Stephen King, and “Shimmering Images, a Handy Little Guide to Writing Memoir,” by Lisa Dale Norton. The work of fiction that I am currently reading is “Memoirs of a Geisha,” by Arthur Golden. I found that “Memoirs of a Geisha” put me to sleep a little in the beginning, but now that I am towards the end, I am keeping awake! I am glad I stuck with it.
10. I like to cook because I like to eat, but I never watch cooking shows on TV!
In no particular order, I have the honor of awarding six other bloggers with The Kreativ Blogger Award.
I feel lucky that I ran across These Are Days when I first started blogging. Terri always has something honest to say, tries to look on the bright side of things, and she often posts some very beautiful pictures on her website. Plus, I like to read about her family; her dog, Lucy; and her weekend cooking accomplishments.
I also discovered Katy’s blog, Story Telling Nomad, when I first started blogging. Katy recently started posting about her A-Z Eurotrip, and I feel as if I am going on an adventure every time I read her posts. Check out Katy’s great pictures and excellent writing style.
So Much to Say, So Little Time. Kathleen blogs on a variety topics. I especially like reading about her day-to-day life as a Mom to four young children. Plus Kathleen has some very inspirational writing going on here, too.
Recently, I have been running across the writings of The Lucky Mom. Lisha will have you laughing out loud! If you need a laugh or want to read a great blog, check it out!
Another recent blog that I have been checking out is Empty House, Full Mind. I appreciate Sharon’s honest opinions on current topics. This blog gets me thinking.
I often visit Not Just Another Mother Blogger. You will find some interesting, honest and thought-provoking stories at Tina’s website. Plus, Tina does not like it when people spell words incorrectly!
I hope that you check out these blogs and that you enjoy them as much as I do.
Thanks again, Jodi!