I am excited to tell you that Jodi Stone nominated my blog for The Versatile Blogger Award! Thank you, Jodi. I am very honored to accept this award! I discovered Jodi’s blog one night when I was tag surfing. I enjoyed reading about Jodi’s dogs at Life with Sampson and Delilah….The 411. We have been trading comments on each others blogs for a few weeks now!
There are four simple rules for The Versatile Blogger Award:
Post a link to the person who gave you the award.
Tell your readers seven random things about yourself.
Award 15 newly discovered blogs.
Send them a note letting them know you nominated them.
Seven random things about myself:
1. This is the first award that I have received since receiving the “Funniest Person Award” when I worked at McDonald’s when I was a teenager. A sense of humor can go a long way in life, let me tell ya.
2. My dream is to write a book and get it published. The idea that I have right now is to write a story about growing up on the north side. My Grandpa would be one of the main characters. I have many fond memories of my Grandpa. Our family is very proud of the work he did as a wood-carver. I am taking another writing class at The Loft this fall so that I can become more inspired and hopefully achieve my goal!
3. My husband makes me and our kids laugh almost everyday.
4. I work as a legal secretary, and I like my desk because I can see outside from many different angles.
5. If someone would have told me a year ago that I would have a blog right now, I would have told them they were one card short of a deck!
6. I am pretty sure that my Book Club could be in the Guinness Book of World Records for staying together for so long. We have been meeting since 1985.
7. I cannot follow professional sports teams no matter how hard I try.
Now, for the nominees I have chosen. I have been following the first eight nominees either by liking their post or commenting on something they have written. The rest of the nominees were found after a very long search, and I am glad that I found these blogs because I am looking forward to following them too.
1. Off Beat Behavior. I like reading how this college-bound blogger brings humor to awkward situations!
2. She Has Cute Shoes. This blogger relates various life situations to shoes. I never saw so many cute shoes!
3. Storytelling Nomad. Check out this site for updates on what this blogger is reading and helpful writing inspiration.
4. Hotdish & Catfish. Two bloggers sharing stories north and south of the Mason Dixon line.
5. Travel with Bubba. A plastic man goes on journeys to interesting locations.
6. MN Prairie Roots. This site gives updates on the happenings in Southern Minnesota.
7. Byron’s Curse. This blogger writes about many different subjects as she ventures through her journey of being a writer.
8. A Mental Squint. I enjoyed reading this blog about pen pals when it was recently Freshly Pressed on Word Press.
9. An Antiquarian’s Personage. Check out the beautiful photographs on this blog.
10. Marisa Reads It and Writes It. A truthful book review blog.
11. Dabodog’s Blog. A blogger’s life experiences on Martha’s Vineyard.
12. Trying to Control the Chaos. A Mom’s blog about raising five children.
13. Give Me Your Forever. Blogger who writes about what’s on her mind.
14. Words We Women Write. A Writing Group’s blog.
15. Mom Makes. Find delicious recipes here.
I hope you enjoy the above blogs.